Monday, September 8, 2008

Simple Joys

In the middle of chaos, of a word full of turmoil
It is in the small things I find simple joy:
o An unsolicited hug from my teenagers
o A compliment on my teaching
o A snuggle from a fuzzy kitten
o A rainbow filling the sky
o A call from a long lost friend
o A smile from a passing stranger
o A touching Hallmark commercial
o A wave of hand at an intersection,
o A sink empty of dirty dishes
o A $10 bill in a pocket of last season’s jacket
o A good night’s sleep
o A chat with you

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good poem Jo! I looove 'found' money too!!! But a sink free of dirty dishes? I wouldnt know what a sink is...i think they have those in the restaurants i eat at..i just dont see where my dirty dishes go when the waitress takes them...wink
I loved the poem..